an old pickup truck means you’re down on your luck anymore
and boots and straw hats are just a thing of the past anymore
and ever since waylon i can’t find no one to buy into sad country songs
and tell me who’s gonna ride us away when the last cowboy’s gone?
is there a place i can find any three quarter time anymore?
is there a dirty jukebox that spins on a dime anymore?
they changed all the words and the cowgirls they all sing along
but tell me who’s gonna ride them away when the last cowboy’s gone?
if john wayne, gene and roy are now just some cowboys
that yesterday stampeded on then tell me who’s gonna ride us away?
who’s gonna do it that way?
does everything good have to change ’til the last cowboy’s gone?
- safronia b lyrics – manhattan transfer / manhattan transfer lyrics
- don’t come cryin’ to me lyrics – vince gill / vince gill lyrics
- zing went the strings of my heart lyrics – electric light orchestra / electric light orchestra lyrics
- strangers like me lyrics – original broadway cast / original broadway cast lyrics
- smiling faces sometimes lyrics – temptations / temptations lyrics