(ernest tubb – redd stewart)
the postman delievered a letter
it’s filled her dear heart full of joy
but she didn’t know till she read the inside
it was the last one from her darling boy.
dear mom, was the way that it started
i miss you so much it went on
i didn’t know that i love you so
but i’ll prove it when this war is won.
i’m writing this down in a trench, mom
don’t scold if it isn’t so neat
you know as you did when i was a kid
and i come home with mud on my feet.
the captain just gave us our orders
and mom, we will carry them through
i’ll finish this letter the first chance i get
but for now i’ll just say i love you.
then the mother’s old hands began to tremble
and she fought against tears in her eyes
but they came unashamed for there was no name
and she knew that her darling had died.
that night as she knelt by her bedside
she prayed, lord above hear my plea
protect all the boys who are fighting tonight
and dear god, keep america free…
- sanity devoured lyrics – ease of disgust / ease of disgust lyrics
- blow the millenium, part 2 lyrics – catatonia / catatonia lyrics
- winterland lyrics – elvenpath / elvenpath lyrics
- open wound lyrics – one without / one without lyrics
- my heart beat like a hammer (take 1 & talking tail) lyrics – fleetwood mac / fleetwood mac lyrics