when there came the time to re*ssess the world,
darkness would supersede the light…
compelled by wonder, pensive contemplations,
the “how” more important than the “why”.
logic refutes faith,
when reason is nowhere in sight,
phantom to me is theology,
a perspective more blind than right.
disillusioned now from the words of the theists,
the emptiness in such a school of thought,
a cruel position we are all trapped in,
for so many questions, answers there are not.
a palliative enigma; opium for the m*sses,
an inst*tution the world must omit,
that hid the truth behind this existence,
humans are too timid to admit.
dilemma of endless times,
will remain ’till the end of days,
we spend lives dwelling on the biggest questions,
unanswerable, it’s time we waste.
you must let go…
if so… we drift here, lost forever,
as is the dust in the wind,
in this state of flux that is the universe,
at the mercy of our own insignificance.
so as you read… this treatise bleak,
from the deepest abyss of my mind,
we stand amidst this ephemerality,
and have agreed to call it ‘life’.
- no way out lyrics – casualties / casualties lyrics
- singin’ the blues lyrics – eric clapton / eric clapton lyrics
- so long lyrics – ricky nelson / ricky nelson lyrics
- more than a friend lyrics – michael learns to rock / michael learns to rock lyrics
- our love is here to stay lyrics – eric clapton / eric clapton lyrics