oh the little white road climbs over the hill,
my feet they must follow, they cannot be still,
must follow and follow though far it may roam.
oh little white road you will never come home.
oh, the hills they are patient and steadfast and wise,
they look over the valleys and up to the skies,
but the little white road scrambles up them and over.
oh, little white road you are ever the rover.
i fain would go with you right down to the sea
where a ship with white sails would be waiting for me,
go sailing and sailing to strange lands afar
where deserts and forests and lost cities are.
but when i grew weary of my gypsying ways
i’d sail home again for to end all my days
in the little grey cottage, beside the grey hill.
but you, little road, would be wandering still
- blues in dallas lyrics – mountain goats / mountain goats lyrics
- you and i know lyrics – melissa etheridge / melissa etheridge lyrics
- song of the naturalist’s wife lyrics – donovan / donovan lyrics
- send me an angel lyrics – mountain goats / mountain goats lyrics
- let’s get it on lyrics – melissa etheridge / melissa etheridge lyrics