i took off last night with my coat and my intention
to make connections with the eyes that left me blind
left my mouth for the strength of that white, white line.
i left one more time i could have heard “i love you”
one more time i could have heard “i care”
one more time when i needed that emotion
one more time i wasn’t even there.
through the darkness and the distance lie champagne and smoky smiles
bounded by the sorrow, having lost love to the mile
i feel you – you’re not a stranger to this white, white line.
i watched your ashes burn so slowly – illusions to my view
but i laugh and say it’s highway 75 that draws me here
it’s not me, and it’s not you.
i left one more time i should have said “i love you”
one more time i should have told you “i care”
when we sit here in silence
and we miss the ones we love that can’t be here
it’s a love we leave behind.
i tried to lose this restless spirit in a mission of regrets
but i can’t survive without this war
and your eyes reflect the vision that i can’t forget.
i find balance on a darkened highway
i find truth by the side of the road
and someone else’s tune to lift me high above the line
that leaves me running from the cold…
running from the cold…
running from the cold
- love is alive lyrics – phil vassar / phil vassar lyrics
- father lyrics – eumeria / eumeria lyrics
- buried alive lyrics – yeah yeah yeahs / yeah yeah yeahs lyrics
- super bowl 2013 lyrics – beyonce / beyonce lyrics
- the dead girls lyrics – orchestral manoeuvres in the dark / orchestral manoeuvres in the dark lyrics