“punk rock song”
have you been to the desert?
have you walked with the dead?
there’s a hundred thousand children being killed for their bread
and the figures don’t lie they speak of human disease
but we do what we want and we think what we please
have you lived the experience?
have you witnessed the plague?
people making babies sometimes just to escape
in this land of compet*tion the comp*ssion is gone
yet we ignore the needy and we keep pushing on
we keep pushing on
this is just a punk rock song
written for the people who can see something’s wrong
like ants in a colony we do our share
but there’s so many other f*ckin’ insects out there
and this is just a punk rock song
(like workers in a factory we do our share
but there’s so many other f*ckin’ robots out there)
have you visited the quagmire?
have you swam in the sh*t?
the party conventions and the real politik
the faces always different, the rhetoric the same
but we swallow it, and we see nothing change
nothing has changed…
10 million dollars on a losing campaign
20 million starving and writhing in pain
big strong people unwilling to give
small in vision and perspective
one in five kids below the poverty line
one population runnin’ out of time
- once in a lifetime lyrics – craig david / craig david lyrics
- just walk away lyrics – celine dion / celine dion lyrics
- wizard of oz lyrics – south park mexican / south park mexican lyrics
- to be a lover lyrics – billy idol / billy idol lyrics
- party for the fight to write lyrics – atmosphere / atmosphere lyrics