black clouds fill the day sky
in the primitive lands of nod
as the two sons of adam offer up
their gifts (of pride) to the one reigning high
a dark fate born by sacrificial fire
“oh, great father of my father
whom thou banished from thine garden
look down upon thy faithful servant
and accept my beloved brother.”
with tears of love the firstborn thrust
his sharpest scythe deep into abel’s heart
rendering him lifeless but eternally
prized in the mind of god as his body withered
in the scorching blaze.
“oh, my dear brother
forgive me for what i have done.
but to the one almighty
a greater prize i have none.”
“caine, thou hast broken my seal of absolute love
the crime thou’st commited meets not the approval of him above.
forever shall you wander in the lands beyond alone
abd from this day forth i cannot call thee my own.”
“oh, father my great father
why hast thou cursed me so?
have i not done what thou asked for?
to the shadowed woods i cannot go.”
“i can no longer endure thine sinful words
this greatly unmerciful deed hast done him wrong.
i pray that thou find ways to repent
and as i was cast out so you shall be gone!”
exiled, the firstborn rushes off to the obscure yet
welcoming arms of cimmerian darkness
for there he shall find great wisdom
and awaiting beneath the cresent moon lurks
the mother of magick…
- willothewisp lyrics – ancient / ancient lyrics
- an ode to the moon lyrics – ancient ceremony / ancient ceremony lyrics
- angel’s bloody tears lyrics – ancient ceremony / ancient ceremony lyrics
- the god and the idol lyrics – ancient ceremony / ancient ceremony lyrics
- the tragedy of forsaken angels lyrics – ancient ceremony / ancient ceremony lyrics