i’ve got planets in my palm — there’s a red smear on the sky
a star has just exploded somewhere behind my eyes
in the dead of night the city seems to break down into tribes
you stare at too much concrete — you forget the earth’s alive.
young men see visions and old men dream dreams
see them pluck bright pebbles out of circles in the stream
life’s not always like they tell you in the fashion magazines
when i set eyes on wonders, i’ve got to wonder what they mean.
outside in the starshine you can see beyond the wall
so take a look and tell me, can you hear those black holes call?
everything is thunder under the celestial waterfall
you get close enough to real things — you don’t need your self at all.
- 57 channels lyrics – bruce springsteen / bruce springsteen lyrics
- over the fence lyrics – citizen fish / citizen fish lyrics
- don’t forget about delight lyrics – bruce cockburn / bruce cockburn lyrics
- ricky wants a man of her own lyrics – bruce springsteen / bruce springsteen lyrics
- getting used to it lyrics – citizen fish / citizen fish lyrics