i heard a shot last night, it woke me up from my sleep.
there’s no such thing as friendly fire.
oh mama, don’t turn on the lights,
oh papa, get away from the window,
you never know which way the angel’s comin in.
and the water’s gonna roll. roll up the dirty streets,
and the wind’s gonna blow out the lights.
rock the world to sleep, i don’t wanna be left behind,
and get caught between the lines drawn across this town
runnin’ out of neutral ground.
somebody’s waitin’ for my brother,
to them he’s just another number.
to me he never did no wrong,
my sister, don’t be pulled in.
don’t make the same mistake again,
there’s just no way to even up this score.
i can’t be no judge, i can’t be no jury.
i don’t even know what’s right or wrong.
i stand between the walls,
these walls are bigger than life,
seems like they’ll never get enough.
- st. ides heaven lyrics – elliott smith / elliott smith lyrics
- guido’s song lyrics – nine / nine lyrics
- can anyone explain? (no, no, no!) lyrics – ella fitzgerald / ella fitzgerald lyrics
- oil express lyrics – wesley willis / wesley willis lyrics
- i have a love lyrics – art garfunkel / art garfunkel lyrics