(when johnny comes marching home again,
long live our lo-o-ove, long live our happiness,
here’s a toast to happiness,
long live our love.
when we were childhood sweethearts,
we had made a simple vow,
we vowed to love each other,
and i know we won’t stop now.
but something’s come between us,
and it’s not another girl,
but a lot of people need you,
there is trouble in the world.
it’s the fighting that has come between us
and it’s taken you far, far away.
but please don’t wonder if i’ll be faithful
you’re in my heart both night and day.
so, darling, i send my love to you,
while you are fighting overseas,
and i know one day if we are lucky,
god will send you back to me.)
please lord, don’t let anything happen to him, please
i’m waiting for you, johnny, i’m waiting)
(repeat chorus to fade)
- london lyrics – tina dickow / tina dickow lyrics
- i need to know lyrics – barbie as the island princess / barbie as the island princess lyrics
- i’m comin’ home, cindy lyrics – trini lopez / trini lopez lyrics
- tar and cement lyrics – verdelle smith / verdelle smith lyrics
- modus operandi lyrics – classic case / classic case lyrics