this is an imitation of a kiss.
an imitation’s all it is and when i kiss you, it may look like a kiss.
call it a kiss, this imitation of love.
it’s an imitation of romance.
all hollow gestures and demands.
you get agressive.
so tired of routines, you go to extremes.
this imitation of romance.
there’s a place i used to go, it’s closed down long ago.
i’d lie down there in your darkness watching rivers flow.
now it’s an imitation of love.
no one’s fooling no one.
and though you’re here now, i’m so far away.
let’s call it a day.
this imitation of a kiss.
when it looks like all is lost here something reappears.
all my reasons leave the room now, leaving you still here.
this is an imitation of goodbye.
i say it’s over all the time, yet i’m still with you.
don’t know why it is i can’t resist this imitation of a kiss.
- the time is now lyrics – nina simone / nina simone lyrics
- grace for saints and ramblers lyrics – iron & wine / iron wine lyrics
- maybe this summer (estate) lyrics – patrizio buanne / patrizio buanne lyrics
- 1000 gallows lyrics – we still stand alive / we still stand alive lyrics
- can’t shake it lyrics – tech n9ne / tech n9ne lyrics