i wonder if we’ll smile in our coffins
while loved ones mourn the day,
the absence of our faces,
living, laughing, eyes awake.
is this too much for them to take?
too young for one’s conclusion, the lifestyle won.
such values you taught your son.
look at me now.
inherit my life.
one day we all will die, a cliched fact of life.
force fed to make us heed.
inbred to sponge our bleed.
every warning, a leaking rubber,
a poison apple for mingled blood.
too young for one’s delusion the lifestyle cost
venereal mother embrace the loss.
look at you now.
inherit your life.
- hit the road jack lyrics – ray charles / ray charles lyrics
- it’s a great day to be alive lyrics – travis tritt / travis tritt lyrics
- in christ alone lyrics – owl city / owl city lyrics
- heartbeat lyrics – stereo skyline / stereo skyline lyrics
- it’s dangerous business walking out your front door lyrics – underoath / underoath lyrics