the ragged burden come to nothing, comfort go,
i talk with you and hear you though you’re never here,
hovering above me like a net,
i’m terrified to look beyond the threat,
i kill ambition while i can.
i drag the beauty, black confetti swept away,
stumbling, we go blindly marching on,
bursting like a dream and now all gone,
in time i know we’ll fly again.
frail as ever, still the most severe,
haven’t i surrendered everything now?
naked in my cruellest waking fear
from the rages of the weightless sleep.
“who will catch him falling?” called the wind,
“i will claim him,” volunteered the grave,
“marry me forever,” cried the bride,
said the orphan, “who’ll remember me?
anyone at all? are you coming back?”
from the moment we were torn,
thrown into the tunnel, we withdrew,
whiter colours then untied,
don’t desert me now i’m coming through,
i fought the memory of beautiful things,
the only strength i got from wanting you,
all the love i’ve been needing,
the hunger is feeding on me,
spirit, bear me away to the place of birth.
you, you put the fear in the fear of flying,
the breath of dying,
you want a sign, you want a sign,
it’s already there.
- grandstanding from the cheap seats lyrics – good riddance / good riddance lyrics
- heresy, hypocrisy, and revenge lyrics – good riddance / good riddance lyrics
- holding on lyrics – good riddance / good riddance lyrics
- i.s.y.l. (i stole your love) lyrics – good riddance / good riddance lyrics
- indoctrination lyrics – good riddance / good riddance lyrics