john: it is the only appliance that grinds the grain into flour
and kneads the dough in the same container
i cut myself a two-foot switch from some tropical hardwood nearby.
and the sounds of a carnival drifted miraculously
through the air from a thousand miles away.
the monkeys jumped from tree to tree.
it sent a deathly chill through me
wildcats i had never seen claimed places in my room.
animal noises rang through the thick brush like voices from the tomb.
i saw the freshly polished chrome
gleaming in the mid-day sun.
and i knew that you were coming home
- good rockin’ mama lyrics – john lee hooker / john lee hooker lyrics
- if i sing you a love song lyrics – tom jones / tom jones lyrics
- everybody rockin’ lyrics – john lee hooker / john lee hooker lyrics
- the long and winding road lyrics – tom jones / tom jones lyrics
- baby how can you do it lyrics – john lee hooker / john lee hooker lyrics