i threw your keys in the water, i looked back,
theyd frozen halfway down in the ice.
they froze up so quickly, the keys and their owners,
even after the anger, it all turned silent, and
the everyday turned solitary,
so we came to february.
first we forgot where wed planted those bulbs last year,
then we forgot that wed planted at all,
then we forgot what plants are altogether,
and i blamed you for my freezing and forgetting and
the nights were long and cold and scary,
can we live through february?
you know i think christmas was a long red glare,
shot up like a warning, we gave presents without cards,
and then the snow,
and then the snow came, we were always out shoveling,
and wed drop to sleep exhausted,
then wed wake up, and it’s snowing.
and february was so long that it lasted into march
and found us walking a path alone together.
you stopped and pointed and you said, ‘that’s a crocus,’
and i said, ‘what’s a crocus? ‘ and you said, ‘its a flower,’
i tried to remember, but i said, ‘what’s a flower? ‘
you said, ‘i still love you.’
the leaves were turning as we drove to the hardware store,
my new lover made me keys to the house,
and when we got home, well we just started chopping wood,
because you never know how next year will be,
and well gather all our arms can carry,
i have lost to february.
- the way things are goin’ lyrics – darryl worley / darryl worley lyrics
- who’s gonna get me over you lyrics – darryl worley / darryl worley lyrics
- opportunity of a lifetime lyrics – darryl worley / darryl worley lyrics
- is it just us lyrics – darryl worley / darryl worley lyrics
- 2020 vision lyrics – entombed / entombed lyrics