she stands on the banks of the mighty mississippi
alone in the pale moonlight
waiting for a man, a riverboat gambler
said that he’d return tonight
they used to waltz on the banks of the mighty mississippi
loving the whole night through
’til the riverboat gambler went off to make a killing
and bring it on back to you.
curses the soul of the mississippi queen
that pulled her man away.
bayou sam, from the south lousianne
had gambling in his veins
evangeline, from the maritimes
was slowly going insane.
high on the top of hickory hill
she stands in the lightning and thunder
down on the river the boat was a-sinking
she watched that queen go under
- readin’, rightin’, rt. 23 lyrics – dwight yoakam / dwight yoakam lyrics
- interlude lyrics – hodgy beats / hodgy beats lyrics
- going, going, gone lyrics – lee greenwood / lee greenwood lyrics
- time spent missing you lyrics – dwight yoakam / dwight yoakam lyrics
- second chance lyrics – war of ages / war of ages lyrics