we were together since we were five
she was so pretty
emma was a star in ev’ryone’s eyes.
and when she said she’d be a movie queen
her face like an angel
she could be anything.
i’m gonna write your name high on that silver screen.
i’m gonna make you the biggest star this world has ever set
at seventeen we were wed
and worked day and night to earn our daily bread.
and ev’ ry day
emma would go out searching for that play
that never ever came her way.
sometimes she’d come home so depressed
i’d hear her crying in the back room
feel so distressed.
and i’d remember back
when she was five
to the words that used to make
emmalene come alive.
it was cold and dark
when i opened the bedroom door
to find her iying still and cold up on the bed;
a love letter iying on the bedroom floor
darling, i love youbut i just can’t keep on living on dreams no morei tried so very hard not to leave you alone.i just can’t keep on tryin’ no more
emmalene – oh emmalene- emmalene
- understand lyrics – innocents / innocents lyrics
- your advice lyrics – innocence mission / innocence mission lyrics
- bad dream (wherever you go ) lyrics – innocents / innocents lyrics
- waltzing days lyrics – innocence mission / innocence mission lyrics
- running out of time lyrics – hot hot heat / hot hot heat lyrics