i was born in east virginia,
north carolina i did go.
there i met the fairest maiden
but her name i do not know.
her hair it was a brightsome color
and her cheeks were rosy red.
on her breast she wore white lilies,
all the tears that i have shed.
in my heart you are my darling,
at my door you’re welcome in.
at my gate i’ll always meet you
if your love i could only win.
in the night i’m dreaming of you,
in the day i find no rest.
just the thought of you, my darling,
sends aching pains all through my breast.
i’d rather be in some dark holler
where the sun refused to shine
than to see you with another one, darling,
to know you never will be mine.
oh, when i’m dead and in my coffin
with my face towards the sun,
come and look upon me, darling
see the deed that you have done.
- left out lyrics – unsung zeros / unsung zeros lyrics
- hallelujah lyrics – sammy hagar / sammy hagar lyrics
- emily payne (and the black maze) lyrics – krux / krux lyrics
- storm the gates lyrics – kult ov azazel / kult ov azazel lyrics
- there is no heart that won’t heal lyrics – taylor dayne / taylor dayne lyrics