i once was a lot like you
we share a dream
i couldn’t make come true
i was a child who wrote my name
across a frosted window pane
and there are jobs that i might hold
if they’d just let me through the door
without a shower and new clothes
that i can ill afford
can you spare the time?
can you spare a dime?
can you look me in the eye?
and i am lonely
do you ever think of me on sunday?
no, i don’t live across the water
hey, i live right here on this corner
just a bank account away from america
i won’t hurt your family
i don’t want a house there on your street
and i know that you think that i’m
as lazy as a hobo’s sigh
now, you call me down’n’outer
if there’s a way out
i’ve not found ‘er
i only want to earn my piece of america
i’m just a bank account away from america
- blueberry hill lyrics – hank williams jr. / hank williams jr lyrics
- decaying beauty lyrics – inkubus sukkubus / inkubus sukkubus lyrics
- selfsufficient snake lyrics – urban dance squad / urban dance squad lyrics
- can’t you see lyrics – hank williams jr. / hank williams jr lyrics
- melancholy blue lyrics – inkubus sukkubus / inkubus sukkubus lyrics