sitting on a carousel ride without any music or light. everything was closed at coney island, and i could not help from smiling.
i can hear the atlantic echo back roller coaster screams from summers past. and everything was closed at coney island, and i could not help from smiling. brooklyn will fill in the beach eventually and everyone will go except me.
debate exposes doubt
the workadays were propping the bar quietly erasing the week and i was in a cornerbooth thinking (pretending to read) about the impossiblity of one to love unconditionally and the words that we drive into the ground: their repet*tion starts to thin their meaning.
then everything got frighteningly still as they entered and intersected the floor and i tried to choke my stare at the perfection that others would kill for. but all of the parts are the same on every face (few variables change). the differences pale when compared to the similarity they share
finally there is clarity and there is purpose after all, but every night ends the same as i’m collapsing once more by your side.
finally there is clarity: this tiny life is making sense. and every drop numbs the both of us, but i alone am staggering.
- bend to squares lyrics – death cab for cutie / death cab for cutie lyrics
- runaround on the underground lyrics – erasure / erasure lyrics
- expo ’86 lyrics – death cab for cutie / death cab for cutie lyrics
- scientist studies lyrics – death cab for cutie / death cab for cutie lyrics
- run to the sun lyrics – erasure / erasure lyrics