if i could only deceive you
forgetting the game
every time i try to leave you
you laugh just the same
’cause my wheels never touch the road
and the jumble of lies we told
just returns to my back to weigh me down. . .
we lay cards upon the table
the backs of our hands
and i swear i like your people
the boys in the band
reminiscences gone astray
coming back to enjoy the fray
in a tangle of night and daylight sounds. . .
all completeness in the morning
asleep on your side
i’ll be waking up the crewen
she responds like a limousine
brought alive on the silent screen
to the shuddering breath of yesterday. . .
there’s the succor of the needy
i’ll believe you in the future
your life and death dreams
as the cavalry of despair
takes a stand in the lady’s hair
for the fervour of making sweet sixteen. . .
you make my life and time
a book of bluesy sat*rdays
and i have to choose. . .
- moonchild, including the dream and the illusion lyrics – king crimson / king crimson lyrics
- the court of the crimson king, including the return of the fire lyrics – king crimson / king crimson lyrics
- 1642 imprisonment lyrics – king diamond / king diamond lyrics
- a broken spell lyrics – king diamond / king diamond lyrics
- a secret lyrics – king diamond / king diamond lyrics