abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
the darkness deepens; lord, with me abide;
when other helpers fail and comforts flee,
help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.
swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
earth’s joys grow dim, its glories p*ss away;
change and decay in all around i see
o thou who changest not, abide with me.
i need thy presence every p*ssing hour
what but thy grace can foil the tempter’s pow’r?
who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be?
through cloud and sunshine, lord, abide with me.
i fear no foe, with thee at hand to bless;
ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
where is death’s sting? where, grave, thy victory?
i triumph still, if thou abide with me.
hold thou thy cross before my closing eyes;
shine through the gloom and point me to the skies;
heav’n’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
in life, in death, o lord, abide with me.
- don’t take your love lyrics – manhattans / manhattans lyrics
- rain lyrics – madhouse / madhouse lyrics
- you’ve got a friend lyrics – donny hathaway / donny hathaway lyrics
- swim and sleep lyrics – unknown mortal orchestra / unknown mortal orchestra lyrics
- broken glass lyrics – gordon arnold / gordon arnold lyrics