how can i explain to you the picture of this avenue?
the rain falls on the street outside my window on this thursday afternoon.
i sit alone inside these sinful walls i?ve lived inside.
so many lies have lived and died; none so much as the one i lived with you.
i see you on the highway a thousand miles away.
rain falls through your hair and cheeks.
tears and mascara streaks.
your face reflected in the gl*ss.
lines in the pavement go past just like the lines around your eyes that held away to an endless sad goodbye.
everybody that i know said i should?ve just let you go.
you run from everything, you see.
hurt the ones you love like me.
but here i sit and picture you with fingers worn your shirts on, too.
your heart?s so big and broke in two.
your mind drifting through all you knew.
afraid to love; afraid to lose;
afraid to start; afraid to choose;
afraid to live; afraid to die;
afraid to let these days go sail by;
afraid to change or stay the same;
afraid to lose yourself again;
afraid of the truth that love could cause you so much pain.
i felt it, too.
sweetheart, i wish it wasn?t true.
- boomerang lyrics – christafari / christafari lyrics
- sentenced to burn one lyrics – cannabis corpse / cannabis corpse lyrics
- strange girl lyrics – airborne toxic event / airborne toxic event lyrics
- divide and conquer lyrics – cianide / cianide lyrics
- drop out lyrics – christ on parade / christ on parade lyrics